Midland County Fair presents the 1st Apple Pie Baking Contest. If you have the Basin’s Best Apple Pie recipe, our distinguished panel of judges would love to taste it! To register, complete the on-line application below.
Apple Pie Baking Contest Official Rules
- Contest is open to amateur bakers of all ages. All entrants must complete and submit the on-line registration form.
- One entry per person.
- Apple pies only. Pies must be made from scratch: home-made crusts and fillings, please.
- Where possible, pies should be baked in a disposable tin.
- Your pie will NOT be returned to you.
- Contestants agree to have their photo or pie photo published without compensation.
- Please include your name, phone number and list of ingredients.
- Pies must be delivered to the Midland County Fair Booth on the grounds of the Star-Spangled Salute at Hogan Park, Midland, Texas on Thursday, July 4th between 10:30 -11:30 p.m. to be officially entered in the contest.
- Judging of Pies will take place immediately thereafter. No late entries will be accepted.
Judging of Pies
- Pies will be judged on presentation, taste, and flakiness of crust.
- The Winner will receive the Golden Rolling Pin trophy and the distinction of the baking the Best Apple Pie in the Basin!
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Winner will be notified announced by 2:00 p.m. on the day of judging.
1. Where do I park?