Midland County Fair presents the 2nd annual Pie Baking Contest. If you have the Basin’s Best Pie recipe, our distinguished panel of judges would love to taste it! All entries will receive 5 tickets to the Midland County Fair..
Pie Baking Contest Rules
1. Open to all bakers (amateur and professional). Only 1 (one) entry per person per category and sub-category.
2. All entrants must complete and submit the on-line registration form.
3. Pies must be made from scratch: home-made crusts and fillings, please.
4. Where possible, pies should be baked in a disposable tin.
5. Your pie will NOT be returned to you.
6. Contestants agree to have their photo or pie photo published without compensation.
7. Each Pie Submittion must include your name, phone number and list of ingredients.
8. Pies must be delivered to the Chamber of Commerce, Bush Convention Center, Cool Zone in Midland, Texas on Saturday, July 3rd between 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. to be officially entered in the contest.
9. Judging of Pies will take place immediately thereafter. No late entries will be accepted.
Judging of Pies
1. Pies will be judged on presentation, taste, and flakiness of crust.
2. The Winner in each category will receive the Golden Rolling Pin trophy and the distinction of the baking the Best Pie in the Basin!
3. Judging will begin at 1:00 p.m. on July 3.
4. The decision of the judges will be final.